Lecturer in Net Zero Engineering at QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
We are looking for someone to enhance our research capacity and deliver world-class education to undergraduate and postgraduate students in modules such as Net Zero Engineering, Sustainable Energy e.g. Renewable Energy and Energy. hydrogen, or closely related topics. The post holder will take on the role of Program Director for the new MSc in Net Zero Engineering and play a pivotal role in complementing ongoing world-class research focused on the transition to a Net Zero economy. The post holder will also be involved in pioneering research, working with research leaders on initiatives that have real impact and represent true academic and industrial collaboration.
Please note that the successful candidate must be available to start in this role by November 1, 2022.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/cover letter must clearly demonstrate that you have:
- Honors degree or equivalent in chemical engineering, power engineering, or closely related engineering field
- Relevant degree with a completed PhD in a relevant subject
- A minimum of 3 years of postdoctoral research experience in a relevant field
- Research interests relevant to chemical engineering, energy engineering, sustainable energy, net zero engineering or related fields.
- Research interests that are enduring and that complement or enhance existing activities within the school
- Registration of relevant and high-quality research publications corresponding to the stage of the career
- Evidence of potential to deliver high quality education in relevant engineering subjects at UG/PGT level.
- Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge to provide UG/PGT education in the areas of Chemical Engineering, Power Engineering, Sustainable Energy, Net Zero Engineering or related at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels .
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. For more information on the role, including all essential and desirable criteria, click on the ‘Candidate Information’ link below.
This is a 2 year fixed term position. Fixed-term contract positions are available for the period indicated initially, but in special circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to the availability of funds.
At Queen’s, our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a member of staff, you will be part of a dynamic organizational culture, which will give you the opportunity to reach your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package which includes:
- Excellent terms and conditions
- Pension plans
- Flexible working by allowing you to design your work week together with your manager through a mix of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for mental health and well-being
- Entitlement to generous leave (composed of 23 days of annual leave, 10 days of closure and 9 public holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equal opportunity for all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) that help us advance equality.
We also endorse Equality Charter marks such as the NI Diversity Charter mark in addition to Athena Swan. For more information on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal contact: Professor Peter Robertson [email protected]
Attractive reward package
About the school
Additional information for international applicants