Experience a Southern Summer on the Mississippi Coast
BILOXI, Miss., May 10, 2021 / PRNewswire / –Summer Is About To Be In Full Force Coastal Mississippi: The secret coast, while its charming coastal towns should welcome summer visitors to discover hidden gems along the region’s 100 km of scenic coastline. Under the radar enough to avoid the crowds, yet brimming with activities for all travelers, there has never been a better time to visit this fascinating and diverse destination.
The Secret Coast offers a variety of summer experiences that travelers can explore with confidence, thanks to the Mississippi Coast Health and Safety Promise. This destination-wide tourism partner commitment applies best health and safety practices to help visitors make informed choices when planning their trip.
Discover summer along the secret coast:
- Relaxation, recreation and history await visitors to the Mississippi coastline Island of ships. Stretching over 10 miles along the coast are some of America’s last undeveloped barrier islands, which are part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore and are protected by the United States. Park service. The beautiful white sand islands provide visitors with stunning natural beaches for swimming, bird watching and shelling just east of New Orleans.
- A Ship Island cruise is an affordable, family-friendly adventure and one of the Secret Coast’s most popular outdoor attractions. Passengers are sure to spot dolphins as they cross the Mississippi Strait on the hour-long boat ride. Passenger ferries depart from one location in 2021: the Gulfport Yacht Harbor at Jones Park (intersection of Highways 90 and 49). Boats generally operate from mid-March to October.
- Ship Island Tours also offers dolphin watching and sunset cruise options, which are amazing experiences for visitors of all ages. Passengers can hop aboard for a 90-minute shore cruise in search of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Visitors can also treat themselves to a two-hour sunset cocktail cruise aboard Captain Pete and relax and enjoy one of our famous Mississippi Gulf Coast sunsets along the magnificent Gulfport/Biloxi Waterside. Light snacks, soft drinks and a full bar are offered on board throughout the cruise.
- Visitors can also enjoy a sunset cruise on the calm waters of the Gulf with Island Hopper Charters, a family-oriented charter tour that takes passengers on a journey to experience stunning sunsets on the Mississippi coast Cat Island. Complete with glimpses of the area’s wildlife, including dolphins and birds, the two and a half hour “Around Cat Island Tour” is a great way to view some of the area’s wildlife, including dolphins. and resident and migratory birds. Passengers will also learn about Cat Island’s colorful history during the cruise.
In addition to water excursions, Coastal Mississippi has just launched a mobile exclusive Mississippi Coastal Attractions Pass. The pass serves as a passport to ten of the area’s local coastal favorites. Instead of paying standard entrance fees at the most popular attractions, visitors have discounted options designed to fit the length of their stay. With one-day, two-day, three-day, and one-year pass options, travelers can determine which option is best for each family and group.
- Each pass option is exclusive to mobile devices and is sent instantly via SMS and email. Each pass purchase grants visitors entry to 10 area attractions, some of which include:
- Mississippi Aquarium: Representing education, conservation and community, the recently opened aquarium offers visitors many opportunities to be entertained and fully immerse themselves in the aquatic wonders that Mississippi has to offer.
- Biloxi lighthouse: Erected in 1848 and one of the first cast iron lighthouses in the south, it is the city’s iconic landmark and has become a post-Katrina symbol of the city’s determination and resilience. Guided tours are available daily between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m., time permits.
- Lynn Meadows Discovery Center: Discover the fun in this nationally recognized children’s museum! 15,000 square feet of hands-on exhibits that encourage fun, learning and creativity. Outside, acres covered with oak trees offer space to let the imagination run wild. Play the treehouse, hit a tune in the outdoor music garden, and explore the small town of Kids Street.
- The museum of maritime industry and the sea: Visitors can explore 300 years of history, heritage and culture Biloxi and the surrounding Mississippi coastal region. This attraction offers an array of exhibits and an extraordinary collection of photographs that tell the story of the first Indian colony through generations of immigrants whose journey contributed to the melting pot culture of the Gulf Coast.
- For a full list of experiences included in the Mississippi Coastal Attractions Pass, visit the website.
“Coastal Mississippi is perfectly ready to welcome summer travelers to discover our small coastal towns, uncrowded beaches, many spaces to wander and the endless attractions that make our destination so unique,” says Milton Segarra, CEO of Coastal Mississippi. “We always encourage travelers to make informed decisions when planning their vacation and we pride ourselves on being able to safely welcome those who are ready to explore this season and create lasting memories.”
About Coastal Mississippi: Coastal Mississippi is an organization responsible for promoting Southern Mississippi as a tourist and convention destination around the world. Its mission is to attract more and more leisure, convention, sports and business visitors to the region. It is dedicated to maximizing the travel and tourism industry for Southern Mississippi. Visit CoastalMississippi.com to learn more.
SOURCE Coastal Mississippi